Day Five, In Which I Did Not Cover... Not Once.

 Today has been an at-home sort of day. I've barely left my room, in fact, and therefore... have not covered. That said, I have also been abundantly aware of not covering my hair today. 


But I told myself that it wasn't and shouldn't be necessary to do so in the privacy of the house, among the children and the dogs.- Other women don't. 

I find myself trying to look at it similarly to the days that I don't meditate. It's okay to take a break from something and experience what the lack feels like because sometimes the absence of something can be just as full of meaning as the presence of it.



What did I learn today from not covering my hair?

  • I was aware of it, for one. I was very infrequently aware of the absence of covering before I began.
  • I did not pray today, except over meals, which has been a thing I've been working on separately.
  • I did, however, spend a great deal of my day in introspection and have formulated a plan for the coming months that feels... acceptable. Even happy.

Tomorrow is a new day, one that begins early, and that will begin with my hair tucked safely away so that I can reconnect... with connecting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One, In Which We Begin with a Beret

Day Eighteen, In Which Nothing Goes To Plan

Day Fourteen, In Which We Acknowledge Time