Day Twenty-Eight, In Which I Rethink My Position

 Last night at dinner, I announced that Thursday (Day Thirty) would be my last day of covering my head and my husband... was taken aback by this.

"Why?" he asked.

Because I don't have to, I thought.

Because I don't want to. 

But then it left me feeling a little off.

Do I not have to? Do I not want to? Or is this just me putting up the usual fight against the things I'm "supposed to do?" 

I sat with that throughout the evening and into today and then, at lunch, I found myself picking out and ordering 5 more hats/covers in different colors and styles. -And I felt good about it.

I don't know where this journey is going or where it needs to go but I'm trying to be here for it, as the kids say. Maybe they'll come and I won't use them. Maybe I'll cover periodically. Or maybe this is now a part of my journey as a Jewish woman.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One, In Which We Begin with a Beret

Day Eighteen, In Which Nothing Goes To Plan

Day Fourteen, In Which We Acknowledge Time