Day Twenty-Six, In Which There Isn't Much To Do

 Today, I am not leaving the house. Or at least, that's the idea. Dinner is already cooking. The house is tidy-ish. Tidy enough. My focus is on resting for the coming week and finishing out some assignments.

Therefore, at least until my brother's friends come for DnD, I am not covering my hair. And I'm still thinking how I feel about covering my hair around them. - I'm still thinking about when this exploration ends next week, whether I will choose to continue covering my hair or if I want to leave it as an option. Because as previously discussed: it is a choice.

And I don't really think it's about G-d at this point but more of a cultural choice. We have centuries of argument (Talmud) about how things should be done and why but very little that feels... direct from G-d... to me. I think there are communities in which I should and that it matters and I think if I want to feel particularly connected to my tribe, it's a good way to process that. But do I think I will continue to cover every single day for the rest of forever? Not really.

It feels a little bittersweet, however, for my 30 days to be up. Now I don't "have to." Now it is a choice to be made. - Fully a choice. When I think about it, it feels like a separation of sorts. From the act? From the act to be needed? From what the act has meant in certain moments? 

But I still can. Because it's not all or nothing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One, In Which We Begin with a Beret

Day Eighteen, In Which Nothing Goes To Plan

Day Fourteen, In Which We Acknowledge Time